PlexusCorp Technical Training Manager in Boise, Idaho
The Manufacturing Training and Development Manager is responsible for leading, managing and implementing the training and development strategy and the development of training materials to provide the Manufacturing team with the necessary skills and competencies to ensure that they can be successful. A key requirement of the role will also be to drive standardization of Manufacturing roles and responsibilities and determine the associated training requirements.
- Strategy- Working with Manufacturing and HR stakeholders, develop a Manufacturing Training and development strategy that addresses the needs of all levels of the Manufacturing team.
- Manufacturing roles and responsibilities – In conjunction with Regional and Site Manufacturing and HR stakeholders, define and deploy standardized manufacturing roles and responsibilities, job descriptions, key job accountabilities, baseline education and experience expectations and required skills and competency matrices.
- Training– Establish baseline education and training for all assigned manufacturing positions. Drive development and implementation of standardized training to ensure required levels of proficiency. Partner with Site HR organizations to execute effective training and development of manufacturing personnel.
- Leadership - Lead of manage a core team of training developers who are responsible for creating and updating Manufacturing training SFT's and other training materials in conjunction with Technical SME's and FTO's.
Center of Excellence – Develop and maintain manufacturing training & development materials, policy & guidance, best practices and other relevant materials. Ensure materials are easily accessible for users. Education/Experience:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education, human resources or related field or equivalent experience is required for this position.
- Experience of 5 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable. Experience must include training in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading Change Management is required and a formal change management certification is preferred.
- Project management experience ; formal Project Management certification is preferred
- Track record in successful design and execution of manufacturing training and development programs.
Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.) Skills/Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to manage complex training programs and projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced training concepts and the ability to design, implement and manage complex training programs.
- Proven ability to influence others, including relationship-building and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage through a matrix organization.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with and influence internal and external decision makers.
- Ability to operate effectively and lead change in a multi-cultural environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. Persons,” which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Auto req ID: 15885BR
Title: Technical Training Manager
Job Family: Training
Location: Boise, IDBuffalo Grove, ILChicago, ILNeenah, WI
Working At Plexus: Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving ExcellencePlexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 14,000 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!