Ross Stores, Inc. Corporate Intern- Ross Investigative and Safety Center (RISC) in Dublin, California
As a Corporate Intern at Ross you will have the opportunity to experience the world of off-price retail and be a part of a growing Fortune 500 company. This position is based in Dublin, California at our corporate headquarters. This internship prepares students for a potential career in retail, allowing you a real-world perspective on a career at Ross. Interns will gain insight into the objectives of their department and the daily responsibilities of an analyst at Ross.
Within the corporate offices of Ross, we will host interns in a variety of departments including Accounting, Store Operations Finance, Strategy, Allocation, Marketing and Loss Prevention.
The Ross Investigative and Safety Center Intern will have an opportunity to work on projects focused within the department and Ross. Using investigative and remote resources to establish a process to be used by an existing team. Possible projects include subjects such as:
- Data Analysis
- Project Planning
- Processing Creation
These projects will give the Intern candidate exposure to multiple areas of the business, interaction with Senior Leadership, project management experience and the opportunity to learn new software.
INTERN PROGRAM OUTLINE:
The Ross Intern program is a 10-week full-time program (40 hours per week) for college level Juniors, starting in early June ending mid August. The Intern Program will cover training on project related responsibilities, ownership of a department related project as well as exposure to senior leadership and other departments within Ross corporate.
The main component of the internship will be to analyze a business project within your department while participating in daily department activities. Interns will be expected to present a final project analysis and presentation to senior management and fellow interns.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must currently be enrolled in 4-year college degree program, business or retail management preferred; must currently be in Junior standing with expected graduation between December 2015 and August 2016
- MS Office: strong practical application of Excel skills and ability to demonstrate use of Power Point skills
- Strong quantitative analysis (e.g. budgeting, excel or database analysis, modeling)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented approach: Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right.
- Desire to learn about retail business and understand customer; must be able to understand both business and customer perspective
- Excellent time management, resilience, and the ability to work independently as well as in collaboration within a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-starter with proven ability to learn quickly and be resourceful.