Centene Corporation Project Coordinator in Glendale, California
Position Purpose: The Project Coordinator performs basic project management activities under the direction of either the Project Management or Business Analyst teams, or both. This is not an administrative support position, but rather an entry-level, developmental position that will learn and demonstrate basic project management techniques, principles and methods that are specified by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The goal of this position is also to give the incumbent fundamental exposure to executing projects utilizing PDLC (project development life cycle) frameworks.
- Receives training and participates in core project planning activities, which include developing the following: Written project charter; project management strategy; scope statements; Work breakdown structure (WBS); performance measurement baselines; business requirements; milestone and target dates; risk assessments; resource pool lists and descriptions; technical documentation developing project budgets.
- Conducts performance reporting, which could include: collecting and disseminating performance information, status reporting, progress measurement vs. project plan and assisting in the development of a forecast.
- Assists Project Management team in performing risk management analyses such as identifying cost risks, schedule risks, technical risks, and quality risks.
- Participates in using project time management tools such as activity definition, activity sequencing, activity duration estimating, calendars, schedule development and schedule control, which would update changes to the project schedule.
- Learns mathematical analysis techniques used in project management such as Critical Path Method (CPM), Graphical Evaluation and Review Technique (GERT), Program evaluation and Review Technique (PERT).
- Maintains project tracking databases and helps produce manuals, presentations and other written materials that support the project.
- Coordinates and administers the change control process for altering official project documents/decisions.
- Performs general administrative and coordination of tasks to ensure team deliverables progress.
- Ensures management is informed of team s progress.
- May be assigned lower level Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst or Project Management functions.
- Learns and demonstrates basic project management methods, tools and practices.
Education/Experience: Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Engineering, Health Care Administration, or a related field is required. Relevant experience providing project support, including some experience tracking projects, creating schedules, and utilizing relevant project management software packages
Experience working with project development life cycles (PDLC) is preferred
Health Care or other relevant industry experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Basic knowledge of standard Project Management and/or Business Analyst principles and techniques preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively with all areas of business and IT preferred.
Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills preferred
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Project Management
Requisition ID: 1058091
Other Locations: USA-California-Woodland Hills