Calpine Internal Auditor I in Houston, Texas
Internal Auditor I
Subject to DOT Regulations
Percent of Travel Required
Internal Audit provides a tremendous opportunity for team members to understand Calpine’s business, processes, people and technology. The scope of our efforts spans across all aspects of Calpine’s business, from governance and financial management through
business operations and customer interaction.
Internal Auditors can expect to participate on projects that cover a wide range of topics, in areas significant to Company objectives, while interacting with all levels of management. Internal Auditors work closely with the business owners using our expertise
to support Calpine in matters related to governance, finance, information technology, business improvements, risk management, and controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for conducting and documenting audit projects in a variety of areas with an emphasis on operational, information technology and financial audits;
• Evaluates internal controls and designs and conducts tests;
• Communicates clearly, concisely, and accurately using professional oral and written communications with all levels of management;
• Evaluates business processes, procedures, policies and internal controls and identifies factors causing deficiencies;
• Evaluates system design and implementation processes including project management processes & procedures;
• Documents all work according to standards consistent with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF);
• Audits the accounting and statistical data of various departments, divisions and locations in order to verify accuracy in compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management;
• Assists in the implementation and support of a continuous auditing program;
• Prepares and submits reports of audit results including making recommendations on matters of significance and follows up on audit recommendations to ensure implementation; and other duties as assigned.
Portfolio of Assignments: (estimated)
• SOX/Compliance: 15% - 20%
• Operational & Financial Audits: 65% - 75%
• Consulting/Other Projects: 5% - 10
• Internship or 1 to 2 years internal audit experience preferable;
• Strong analytical skills to analyze complex and inconsistent data;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Exposure to Electronic Work papers (e.g. TeamMate), databases and data manipulation software (ACL or Microsoft Access); and
• Knowledge of the following: Microsoft Office Applications, Windows, or Data Analysis Tools
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Engineering
• Professional certification such as CIA, CPA, CFA or CMA
• Ability to travel domestically and to Canada: 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP