Ingersoll Rand Engineering Co-op - Product Support in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The co-op student will work with us for the spring and the summer semester, beginning in January and ending in August 2018. In this role you will provide consistent, reliable, and accurate in-depth technical, application, customer partial-specification review, and complaint resolution support to the field organization (customers, sales assistants, sales engineers). Apply good oral and written communication skills to clearly communicate with customers and Trane personnel to request/provide information and relay data to others.
- Understand competitors' products and strategies. Be capable of effectively communicating this information with the field, department, and other functional areas.
- Interact with all other functional areas to provide customer support and achieve premier customer service and overall business objectives.
- Participate in creative thinking, team decision making, and problem solving with people from all parts of the organization.
- Answer or find answers to marketing/technical/systems/applications questions when requested by peers and internal & external customers.
- Handle all details of assigned projects from inception to completion within mutually agreed-upon timeframes.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of promotional and technical materials.
- Support a professional field and customer-focused environment, with measurements in place to track performance and improve the process.
- Assist in training new field sales engineers.
- Pursuing BS in engineering.
- Interest in sales and/or marketing.
- Must exhibit a solid professional image with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a diverse environment with multiple business goals while maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required, including strong group presentation skills.
- Must be capable of grasping technical engineering details to provide solutions for customers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Proven leadership and positive attitude/demeanor and ability to work in a team environment required.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of HVAC products and systems, and a working knowledge of the construction and HVAC industry a plus.
- Should be a self-starter capable of setting and meeting goals and deadlines.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Type: Internship / Co-Op
Posting: Jul 12, 2017, 8:19:42 AM