State of Michigan Human Resources Intern -Part Time in Lansing, Michigan
Under the direction of the Director of the Senate Business Office, this employee will be the first point of contact for the Senate Business Office and the Director. The position will:
- greet guests of the Senate Business Office
- answer phones
- assist with scheduling
- assist with human resource functions such as parking and intern administration
- new hire on-boarding
- filing, and data entry
- The employee will also assist the Director and Senate Business Office managers with special projects and other administrative functions as assigned Status: Part time Internship – 25 hours per week
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old, a high school graduate, and at minimum a part-time college student.
- One year of college experience preferred.
- Human Resources and/or other business major preferred.
- One year of prior office experience or internship preferred.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong computer skills to include Adobe Acrobat and the Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required. Additional Requirements and Information
This is a nonpartisan, non-Civil Service, at-will position. This position is part time and does not include a standard benefit package.
Please send resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. Friday, July 28, 2017:
Senate Business Office
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 30036
Lansing, MI 48909-7536
fax to (517) 373-7455
The Michigan State Senate considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, height, weight, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status. If you are a person with a qualified disability, you may request any needed reasonable accommodation to participate in the application, testing, and/or interview process by contacting the Senate ADA Coordinator at (517) 373-1675.
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Location: Lansing, MI
Job Type: Unclassified
Department: Michigan State Senate
Job Number: 0312-071417
Closing: 7/28/2017 5:00 PM Eastern
Bargaining Unit: N/A
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909.
Phone: (800) 788-1766