Tenet Healthcare Buyer I Full Time Days in Palm Springs, California
Under the supervision of the Director of Materiel Management responsible for a variety of duties related to the acquisition of all supplies and equipment according to Materials Management Department guidelines for cost, quality and most economical delivery. Checks for price discrepancies, backorders, and catalog number errors in purchasing database systems, makes corrections in a timely manner. Maintains spreadsheets assigned by supervisor with current and accurate information. Maintains mail room
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Maintains the manufacture recall book and notifies departments effected in a timely manner, follows up as need with departments to complete the recall process.
• Issues pay lines in IMMS and maintains all special purchase orders for hospital ensuring accurate receipts.
• Maintains the vendor access book.
• May need to drive a company vehicle during business hours
• Creates Purchase order documents and places orders in a timely manner via EDI, Phone or Fax.
• Monitors price changes on all items focusing on fiscal responsibility.
• Reviews print backs from Edi or fax. Makes corrections to PO’s. Expedites orders as necessary to assure stock or service availability.
• Utilizes Medassets Computerized purchasing program portals
• Assures requisitions are properly filled out and signature levels have been met prior to placing orders.
• Contacts vendors/reps to obtain catalog #’s and price quotes for departments in a professional and timely fashion.
• Follows up with departments regarding requests for information in a timely manner.
• Provides information regarding Tenet contract products/pricing to hospital department focusing on compliance and confidentiality for our vendors.
• Ability to create and receive standard/special/capital PO’s including entering
• Consistently maintains professional and ethical relationships in dealing with vendors and hospital staff.
• Reviews back order report as necessary to assure it is accurate and completes PO’s as necessary.
• Responsible for correction of Receiving and A/P exceptions in a timely and accurate manner.
• Consistently updated IMMS data base to assure accurate information at all times. Requests new IMMS numbers as needed and follows through with linking process to assure optimal usage of the IMMS system.
• Sorts incoming mail from the post office on a daily basis assuring accurate and timely distribution.
• Posts outgoing mail on a daily basis in a timely and accurate manner.
High School Diploma or GED
Entry Level, Vocation Training, Specialized Skills, Certifications and/or Experience.
Extensive computer/ keyboarding skills necessary including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Must be able to work independently and unsupervised in a cross-functional environment with a focus on excellent customer service and accuracy in performing all duties.
. A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be completed at time of hire and on an annual basis thereafter.
Current California driver’s license; a copy of the renewed license will need to be submitted
upon renewal. Evidence of current car insurance; a copy of the renewed car insurance will be
need to submitted upon renewal
1-year previous healthcare materials management experience.
Organization: Desert Regional Medical Center
Title: Buyer I Full Time Days
Location: CA-Palm Springs
Requisition ID: 1705029594