Bank of the West Jr. Real Estate Loan Specialist in San Ramon, California
Jr. Real Estate Loan Specialist
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
CBG Loan Administrator Specialist II
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting the commercial loan processes by preparing the due diligence materials required to conform with credit approval and supporting the loan processing functions in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner in support of CBG Lending Divisions. Assists in the compiling and basic analysis of due diligence materials required of each loan documentation process. This is the entry level for this job family.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists the deal team in the preparation of commercial loan documentation including notes, deeds of trust, security agreements, construction loan agreements, statistical input, tickler files and any other documents required for loans. Assists in the ordering of due diligence materials and third party reports as part of the loan package.
2. Assists in the processing of commercial loan documentation packages once the internal/external processing path has been determined by either management or Senior Loan Administrators. Works with management or Senior Loan Administrators to ensure that any dificiencies are handled in a timely manner. Once the final loan package is confirmed assists in the preparation of the file imaging.
3. Serves as primary support for payments, draws, advances as part of the servicing function. Assists in the ongoing tracking and monitoring of covenants, insurance, et. al. to management. Assists in the preparation of reconveyences, collateral releases, and archiving.
4. Assists in the ongoing tracking and monitoring of collateral perfection, compliance matters, loan renewals, extensions and modifications.
5. Maintain loan files and imaging. Ensure complete and accurate imaged files are maintained for presentation in internal and external audits.
6. May perform loan processing support for loans transferred to REMAD, SAD and AGMAD.
7. Logs all activity related to the loan administrator function for loan process tracking.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Required
· Associate’s Degree - Preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree - Preferred
· Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
· Requires 3 years minimum experience. May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
· Good communications skills
· Some project management skills
· Exposure in diligence requirements
· Exposure in compliance policy (OFAC, KYC, insurance disclosures, etc)
· Some understanding of borrower types, loan types, and collateral types, with implications for loan processing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Business / Commercial Banking
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Requisition ID: 031081