Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration Grants Management Specialist, GS-1109-09 (Open to All U.S Citizens) AW in Washington, District Of Columbia
About the Agency
This poistion functions as a Grant Management Specialists in the Office of Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Outreach, Training and Grants Division. The candidate is responsible for limited grants and cooperative agreements assistance and procedures. This developmental, entry-level position is perfect for an individual interested in a grants management career who possess skill in computer software, research, is detail-oriented, and enjoys interacting with a diverse workforce.
The Ideal Candidate Statement: The ideal candidate will have a background working with organizations that have safety missions and will possess the following:
- Intermediate analytical skills.
- Self-motivation and a positive attitude.
- Clear and concise language skills (written and verbal).
- Customer service skills.
- Initiative to perform developmental assignments.
As a Grants Management Specialist, you will:
- Negotiate the amount of the grant by object class category.
- Conduct a cost analysis of the grantee budget request and justification to ensure that all costs are allowable, allocable, necessary, and reasonable.
- Monitor the grants process and maintain close coordination with program officials to ensure that all required actions are executed by grantees and the Government in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance to program offices in the administration of grants and cooperative agreements.
- Interpret application of grant laws, regulations, policies and procedures for specific programs and situations.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
*Applicants eligible for*status** consideration (i.e., current/former status employees, VEOA eligible veterans) are encouraged to also apply to: PHMSA.HMHQ-2017-0021.
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Review Required Documents Section as documents are required by closing date
- Announcement also advertised Status & VEOA Applicants: PHMSA.HMHQ-2017-0021
- May be used to fill similar positions at DOT within 60 days of closing.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet either the education or specialized experience requirements for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-9 on Education, you must have:
Two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree. TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-9 on Experience, you must have at least one full year of specialized equal or equivalent experience. It must include:
Experience with computer software packages necessary for the daily performance of operations and analysis including electronic spreadsheet, graphics, calendar, electronic mail.
- Experience establishing and maintaining processes and document workflows.
- Experience assisting in developing and providing technical assistance to internal and external stakeholders on procedural or legal requirements.
You can also qualify on a combination of higher level graduate education and matching experience for the grade 9. This experience and education must be fully documented in your resume. If using education to qualify, you must provide supporting graduate level transcripts. If you are using education to qualify, you must provide transcripts.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You may check your application status by logging into USAJobs.com. (Select "My USAJOBS" and click "Applications"). Within two weeks of the closing date, a Human Resources Specialist will evaluate your application. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. Qualified candidates will be assigned a category, not including points that may be assigned for veterans' preference. If the vacancy is advertised under status, your application will be scored on a scale between 70 - 100. The most highly qualified candidates are then referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If the vacancy was advertised under category rating, then the appropriate veteran's preference will be applied. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you directly. Once the position is filled, we will notify all applicants of their final status.
Review our benefits
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474354200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-14 to 2017-07-24
Salary: $54,972 to $71,467 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 09
Series: 1109 Grants Management
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: PHMSA.HMHQ-2017-0022
Control number: 474354200